About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Weight

Well I have to admit I've been avoiding my blog a bit, not because I don't enjoy writing, I love it but because I can't think of any topics. When I first started I kept myself awake at night thinking of things to write about but unfortunately did not write any of those ideas down :o( I also have been scared to write about some of the things that have come to mind because I don't want to be put down, being that this is a perfect way for people to say what they want and remain anonymous is great for you but not so much for me because when I do get those negative comments I'm afraid that it is someone that I'm close to and I just don't know who it is. I don't want to offend people and I am a people pleaser and so when I get these sorts of comments it's hard for me cause I can't fix it. I suppose that this is something I just need to get over.

So I have been making some changes in my life, I have started going to a gym and amazingly I love it. I have tried this before and went to Curves but I hated it and had a really hard time staying committed and ultimately quit. In the first week I didn't change too much what I ate except for making sure to eat breakfast every day, this is the hardest meal for me as I am not a breakfast fan. I lost 2 lbs in the first week!!! (I haven't weighed yet to see what happened week 2) I was pretty excited to say the least! I have been overweight my whole life, I don't know what it's like to be thin. When I had the fitness assessment at the gym the lady asked me how much I wanted to lose and I said I wasn't sure but I had a number in my head which I told her, she said "how long would you like to take to lose it? 1 year? 2 years?" I said "well how about Biggest Loser style and do it in about 15 weeks?" She laughed at me! heehee Of course I was joking but wouldn't that be nice?! I wonder about those people though if they have a hard time sticking to their programs after they go home because they have done it so fast that once they get back into normal life it's more difficult. I know that the season 1 winner is back up as high as he was when he started the show, how disappointing would that be?

I feel so good, better than I have in a long time! I am slowly working on some other changes too, now my next goal? To get a handle on a regular routine with the housework so it doesn't seen so overwhelming. :o)

1 comment:

Jessica T said...

Ang, is there a way for you to not allow annonymous comments?