About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

A 2 for 1 post

Some of you may have noticed that things have been a bit rough for me the last couple of days, I suppose it's the proverbial "when it rains it pours" and that's exactly what it seems like lately. I am very over whelmed with everything. I feel like I've got too many hats, wife, mother, daughter, sister, Avon rep, Partylite rep, friend, and I'm trying to keep everybody happy and it seems that I'm being slammed on all sides lately. I know out of these hats which are the important ones: wife and mother and at the bottom are Avon and Partylite. Trying to keep it all together it seems is turning out to be more than I can bare. I do Avon and Partylite to try and contribute as best I can to our family financially but then I'm torn in so many directions. For example today I had a PL customer email to say that one of the pieces in her order is missing, I apologized and asked her what I could do about the situation, her responses were along these lines: "I guess I'll just chalk this up to another one of my xmas shopping disappointments" I was thinking seriously? It's just a candle and I can replace it for you or give you something else. Anyways after a frustrating day of back and forth with her I think I've got it figured out, my friend has one and that she's willing to part with and now if the lady would just get back to me to let me know if she still wants it this will be over. Then this afternoon I get my Avon order, one customer had ordered a pair of boots a few weeks ago and they've been back ordered since then, there is a paper in the box that says the boots are not coming, GREAT! Another problem, now I have to contact her too and break her the bad news, she was rather excited about these boots. It just seems like one thing after another, this on top of a huge fight with my sister which I will not get into and some issues with others too. Can you hear me screaming? Yea, I think I'll just pop another chocolate in my mouth. lol......................mmmm......that's better! I really need a girls night out and soon, any takers?

Now on to the comment that she had said, "xmas" that just absolutely grates on me, it find it highly offensive. You see it everywhere now, in store windows on advertisements, even commercials on TV talk about "the Holidays" instead of Christmas, "Happy Holidays they say" that's all fine and nice but I believe in "Merry Christmas". I believe in the virgin birth of my Saviour Jesus Christ and I celebrate it at CHRISTmas, not xmas, CHRSTmas. Xmas is just a politically correct way of saying Christmas so that it does not offend people who are not Christians, how would any of these other religions feel if the world decided to change the name of one of their sacred holidays to something more "politically correct"? How about "xakhi" instead of vaisakhi for the sihks? How about "xadan" instead of for ramadan for muslims? or "xsak" instead of vesak (buddist new year) for budists? I think they would make a big stink about this, why is it that the world does not think twice about cutting out and changing anything that is Christian but they don't do the same for the other religions? It is a double standard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know that x is the Jewish symbol for Christ-it's not meant to be offensive, it 's just a true form of the word.

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

Well that could very well be but most people don't know that and therefore don't use it in that way. :o)