About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Deals and Blessings

I just wanted to pass along some deals that I found in the last couple days..... If your kids need any outer wear Old Navy and the Childrens Place outlet in White Rock have 40% off on coats etc. I love that Childrens Place outlet! Awesome deals there! I got Brooklynn a new winter coat, it's one of those 3 in 1 ones where you can zip out an inner jacket, regular price was $70 then a super cute quilted vest with a fur lined hood, it was regularly $26.50, then a winter hat and then I got Alexa a new pair of snow pants, can't remember the regular price of that either, and a sweater for her as well, anyways, my total bill was only $112!!! I thought that was amazing especially since the jacket alone was $70 regularly! I was quite pleased! I had kind of been squeezing Brooklynn into last years jacket but I was starting to feel sorry for her because it's just too small, so when I saw that deal I grabbed it.

Then today I got a huge bag of cobs bread for free! I am finding pretty much every day the Lord is blessing us, it may be something big, it may be something small but it's always a reminder to us that he's looking out for us and has not forgotten us in our time of need.

1 comment:

Gary & Lynda said...

And it's cheaper still if you go to the swap meets! I keep a running list on my fridge of the things I am looking for at the swap meets. And when I go, I take a cutout outline of the kids feet size (if I'm looking for shoes) and also their waist measurement & a tape measure. Another thing you can do that I did was I found a seller at a swap meet who had only 1 daughter and she was a year or two older than Maiya. I really liked the type of clothes she had for her daughter and they were well taken care of and in great condition, as well as at a good price. So I asked for her e-mail address and once or twice a year when she is cleaning out her daughters clothes she lets me know and I just stop by their house and I get first pick of everything and for $60-$100 I can get an entire years wardrobe for Maiya. Often before I go to the swaps I will pray about what I need too. My clothing budget for both kids is $20/month which seems to work.