About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christmas times a comin

Today is December 1st!!!!! Yes, that means that the Christmas season is officially upon us and I couldn't be happier about it! I have started putting out a few decorations here and there and thought today I would do some more. Dale hates it, he figures that people shouldn't start decorating or playing Christmas music until December 24th lol, not me, I even changed my alarm clock radio station to Praise 106.5 because they are playing Christmas music all the time now!

Last year was a terrible Christmas for me, I was in a depression that was way worse than normal and I could have cared less that it was Christmas or that it snowed for it, normally I would have literally been giddy about it. I am making up for lost time this year! Even though things are extremely tight this year I have been able to find bargains and have seen the Lords hand in that area. I really would like to go to the US to do some shopping but don't want to go alone, anyone want to go with me?

I don't have as many people to buy for this year, we are not doing exchange with my family which I think is very said, I love the whole gift thing, not necessarily getting but giving, I love picking out the perfect gift that shows them how I feel about them. That is my love language, 'Giving/Receiving of gifts' For me to give a gift shows you that I love and appreciate you and to receive one shows me how much you love and appreciate me, if for example Dale doesn't get me a Christmas gift or Birthday gift, even though in my head I would know why (lack of money) in my heart it would feel like he's stuck a knife in and spat on me saying I hate you. I really wish this wasn't my gifting, I don't know anyone else with it and people don't understand it and I know that it comes across as selfish, (my feelings about gifts) and that's not at all where it comes from.

No comments: