About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Friday, October 23, 2009

Blessings

On a whim I decided to go with the girls tonight to Costco, first I had to go and pick up a check from Dale's work, which was not there, :o( It's supposed to come tomorrow. Anyways, I got my daycare check from the government in the mail today and I also got paid for some Avon yesterday so I had a bit of money and thought "Let's go to Costco" So I go to the bank, cash my checks and head over there. First we go to the "restaurant" it is so cheap and very good pizza and fries, it was good, the girls liked it too. I had been thinking that maybe I shouldn't be eating out but we were hungry and not home so did it anyways. Then we do the regular Costco shop, check everything out, look at the clothes, books, toys etc. I got one Christmas gift and one other gift for something else and got some groceries as well as pair of pj's for Alexa and some pull-ups for Brookie. All the while I'm being careful because I know how much money I have in my wallet-$180.00 and I don't want to go over that because I have to be so careful right now with the way things are for us. So I go to the till and the girl rings everything through and she says $173.11, I start pulling out my cash, 20, 40, 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, 160, at this point my wallet is looking a little empty and I'm having a minor worry that I've gone over, 165, 170, wallets empty, uh oh, I don't know what else I've got, I open my change compartment, 172, 173, 173.01, 173.11!!! Victory!!! I had literally change left!!! Can you believe that?! As I was shopping I had no idea how much I had spent but God worked it out perfectly, if I had grabbed one more thing I would not have had enough! God is so good!

After we had been home for a while Dale came home from his trip and I tell him this story and he says that last week he had something similar happen to him. He has this card that he uses when he fuels up the truck and it accumulates points for every so many dollars spent and for the points he gets kind of like gift certificates to spend in the store and he got a $10 one that day. So he grabs a sandwich and a coffee and is trying to think about what else he needs and he thinks "oh yea, I need some of those light bulbs for the truck" so he grabs a pack of those and then remembers that he needs gum as well. So he puts these things on the counter and says "that should be close" to the cashier and after it's all rung up it's $9.99!!!! He had no idea how much it was going to be! It is so cool to see the Lord at work in our lives even in the small things, what a blessing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

have you ever heard of the kids swap meets? Tons of clothes and soooo cheap! I bought my girls their pjs their for $1!!!! If you're looking to save money it's a lifesaver!