About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

A Horrific Discovery

I am in my 30's now and had not really thought too much about aging and the things that come along with that, wrinkles, gray hair, sagging, memory problems etc. Those things have crossed my mind as a possibilities but I thought "oh those are far in the future" Maybe it's like that for all of us, maybe we are all in denial of our bodies aging because our minds are telling us otherwise. For me I still feel the same on the inside as I did when I was a teenager and I look into the mirror and go wow, what happened, somehow I don't look the same as I did in my wedding picture and I didn't even see myself changing! lol

I went shopping with someone a while ago and she was telling me about a recent shopping trip she had: she is in her early 40's, she went into Sephora to use a gift certificate that she had gotten as a birthday gift, she walks in and the sales girl asks her what she can help with. "Well I have this gift certificate" "Well what would you like to get?" says the girl "Well I'm not too sure" says my friend. Anyways, the long and short of it is that the girl suggested looking into some anti aging skin care and my friend was rather horrified that the girl was suggesting that she would need such things. lol "I'm only in my early 40's!" lol

I had always been rather proud of the fact that I don't have any gray hair, now yes I do highlight it some but I've never found any grays and have asked the hair dresser to check just to be sure, nope, no gray she says. Now that brings me to today, as I'm getting ready to go to a meeting at the school I'm putting on deodorant and think, I need to shave, yuck, (it's not that bad, just a little stubble lol) and then to my absolute horror I see that not all the hairs are the same color!!!!! Some are WHITE!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!! How the heck did THAT happen???? I know that my grandmother was gray at an early age so it runs in the family but man, really?! So I guess that I should swallow my pride and admit that I am no longer gray free. :o(

Now I have to go shave and erase all the evidence!

7 comments:

Laura said...

hahaha yeah that would be an interesting experience - at least that's easy to keep secret. I have grey hairs on my HEAD. I'm 22.

Anonymous said...

Oh Angela, I have had those blasted white hairs for for ever now! There is alot of love and fun in each one of them and I wouldn't trade them for the world! It doesn't mean I won't cover them up tho'! ;o)

Anonymous said...

LOL! Are we talking grey armpit hairs or leg hairs? I found my first grey hair on my head at 25. Do you want to know what's even more horrifying...when you brush your hair and the grey comes out along with all the regular color hairs. One day the grey will out-number the natural color. Aarrgghh. Now my conundrum is whether to dye or not to dye. Just wait till you hit 40 Ange! :)

Rebekah A.d. said...

I have been getting grays since I was 16 or 17.

Anonymous said...

Just wait girls, it gets better....no more periods but still wear a pad...get ready for it...every day!!!! Then there's the wrinkles....excuse me laugh lines, supposedly that makes it easier to swallow, hardly! Then the memory lose....I was going to get??? maybe I will remember tomorrow, retraced my steps 4 times and then gave up.lol..Anyways, just put ur head down and keep moving, life is still good; but unfortuneatly time keeps marching on and it apparently is marching all over my face. ha ha bite me!!!

Anonymous said...

after some reflexion there is more to add, then u go through menopause...not a walk in the park and then u start to fell better and ur husband or "other" goes through mentalpause...oh brother. lol

Anonymous said...

sorry feel better....