About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Welcome to my blog!


Well I have been mulling over writing a blog for a while, I enjoy reading them and I enjoy writing and thought that maybe I should start one of my own. I'm not sure what I will be writing about quite yet, probably just a little of this and that but for now how bout just a little info about me?

I am 33, a stay at home mom, married, my husband is a truck driver and he is away quite a bit. Now I should clarify that a little, he is away a lot BUT not like some of the other guys that we know, one friend, he seems to get home about every holiday (Christmas Easter etc) or so, THAT must be hard! I find being alone with my girls so much does get on my nerves but I am so blessed to have great kids and a great family to rely on. I don't work outside of the home but I do sell Avon and Partylite just to try and get a little extra money, and I really enjoy both.

So this afternoon I FINALLY got the chance to go through my Kraft What's Cooking magazine, I love that magazine! I am always looking for quick and easy recipes that taste awesome and this one is chock full of them! So I decided I'm going to cook my way through the magazine, I've never done that before but I thought why not? The recipes look good, easy and inexpensive and that's what I'm looking for. I'll bypass the desserts, don't need to add anything else to my..... ahem...diet. lol So I will post on the progress and let you know how each recipe turns out. I have a friend who is currently cooking her way through Julia Childs Mastering the Art of French Cooking, it sounds good but maybe that will be something for me to try when I'm less busy, several hours to make one dish is just not something I can do right now. lol Although I think I might try the Beef Bourginon (sp?), that sounds so good!

So I will leave you with that, I wish you a great weekend! And please, if you have any suggestions for me pass them on! :o)

3 comments:

Rebekah A.d. said...

Michael Smith (Chef at Home) has a new cookbook out "The Best of Chef at Home" which is really really great. Easy, healthy recipes, that are fabulous!

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

Thanks, I'll have to check that out, maybe Costco has it?

Rebekah A.d. said...

It's possible that they do