About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cheesy chicken pot pie

Tonight I made my first recipe out of the Krafts What's cooking magazine: Cheesy chicken pot pie.

It was super easy and quick, my kinda recipe! lol That and most loved it, that's a change! lol My girls are so hard to please in the food department, so frustrating! They'd be happy if all we ever ate was mac & cheese, spaghetti, mr. noodles, or pizza, SOO healthy! Alexa was eating it and shovelling it into her mouth I said "do you like it?" "um no not really I just want to go with Daddy so I'm eating fast" Daddy was about to go and load some hay for somebody, and here I thought I had success! lol Dale loved it and Brooklynn liked it so 3 of us out of 4 aint bad.

Cheesy chicken pot pie
3 cups chopped cooked chicken
3 cups frozen vegetable blend
2 cups Kraft double cheddar shredded cheese
1 can low fat cream of chicken soup
1 can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

heat oven to 375F
combine first 4 ingredients in a 13 x 9 inch baking dish
unroll dough; place over chicken mixture
bake 20-25 minutes until crust is golden brown

So here is what I would do different next time:

I would like to use some fresh vegetables in it, I am not a big fan of frozen vegies, carrots and beans have weird consistency that doesn't go away with cooking, the peas and corn were good in it though.

I did salt and pepper the chicken, it doesn't say to do that in the recipe but I did and it was good, I might even try some of my epicure seasonings next time.

You don't have to use kraft cheese, you can grate up your own, it's cheaper anyways and I used a mozza cheddar blend, it was fine.

The crescent dough was not big enough to cover the whole 13 x 9 pan, you could try and stretch the dough but then it separates, so if you wanted you could buy 2 can's, use half of the 2nd one to cover the rest of the chicken.

So try this one and let me know what you think!

No comments: