About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Friday, January 8, 2010

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! I am so happy the weekend is here, time to relax, sleep in and take it easy!

Yesterday I went to the dentist to have a couple of cavities filled and the dentist told me that the pain is not from the cavities but from my bite and she wondered if I have tension headaches at all, I get them regularly. She said that these are related, which I found interesting. I guess what I do when I'm stressed is I clench my teeth which is causing the pain in my mouth and I have bruising in my gums because of it then that clenching in turn is causing my headaches. So she suggested a thing that will correct my bite and prevent me from clenching my teeth, she made it right then and there, it's a plastic thing that is formed just for me to fit over my two front teeth and I am supposed to wear it when I'm sleeping, when I'm stressed and when I'm driving but she recommended wearing it most of the time. When I am wearing it I can't close my teeth, my bottom front teeth touch it and that's it, my jaw gets sore after wearing it for a while but on a positive note my teeth have not been hurting. So if you see me and I look like I've got a white candy stuck on my front teeth that would be my new bite corrector, please don't laugh, I also talk with a lisp when wearing it. lol

3 comments:

Carole said...

I won't laugh hun!
it will make you feel better...all good!

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

LOL, thanks Carole!

Linda said...

Glad you were able to get help.