About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Ups and Downs

It has been quite the week, one filled with emotional highs and lows.

On Sunday morning I got a call from Dale's Dad, he sounded terrible, he asked for Dale but Dale was not home (he was working) and then he said he had some bad news Dale's uncle's (Dads brother) house was on fire and they couldn't find Dale's uncle. I have never heard Dale's Dad like this, he sounded so upset, it was heartbreaking. This house is in Sweden and was built by Dale's Grandfather years and years ago, it's the place where Dale's Dad grew up. The house was destroyed and the only thing left standing was the chimney and the Uncle hasn't been found. My heart just breaks for the family, how aweful.

On Monday my sister had her baby! Owen Reid, 7lbs 6oz, and very cute! She had a home birth and everything went smoothly with no complications.

On Tuesday my Mom calls me to tell me about something she heard on the news: there is a 12 semi truck accident on a highway in the interior of our Province due to freezing rain. She did not know that Dale was currently on that highway and that he should be about there and I had not heard from him yet. So I get on the phone and call someone who might have heard from Dale, he says, I'm pretty sure that he called the office in Edmonton. I'm like pretty sure????!!!! What does that mean, I need to know for sure. I then sent a message to the person in Edmonton to see if they had heard from Dale and thankfully they had so my mind was put at ease. I am not too bad about worrying about Dale on the road, I believe that the Lord is protecting him but that does not stop me sometimes from freaking out when situations like this one come up. Shortly after Dale called and let me know he was ok which I was very thankful for.

So this is my week so far, it's been busy but the emotional highs and lows have been exhausting, I am concerned about Dale, about how he's handling the death of his Uncle, I'm concerned about my sister and how she's doing with a new baby being a new mom. But ultimately I need to trust that God is in control, and that I'm not to worry. Sometimes that is easier said than done though.

1 comment:

CC said...

You are right trust in God, and you don't need to worry, a very emotional week indeed, it is human to feel like this. Life does throw us curve balls and we just need to know how to straighten them out and step forward, I am sorry to hear of your loss in the family...but your sister brought a beautiful, miraculous new life into the family too...amazing how that all seems to work out sometimes, one passes and one is born...and at the end of the day Dale was not in the horrible accident, he was safe..and yes a bummer his truck broke down but at least he is still on this planet for you, his kids and family right Ang. Take a deep breath and I hope this week is better..and calmer..things hopefully are more settled now. Your pjamma day is just what you needed! xo