About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

January 2

Here I sit at 11:59 in the morning still in my pajamas on my second cup of tea and listening to my girls playing outside in the rain, the odd time I hear fighting but they seem to figure it out. How lazy am I? lol Now is the best time though, I'm alone, all is quite in the house and when I should really be doing some house work or at the very least start trying to tame the afro that is my hair instead I sit here blogging. I have missed it, I've been so busy for almost the whole month of December that I have not hardly had the chance to think of any postings much less write. I am looking for ideas though, send them to me, what do you want to read? Do you like reading new recipes I try? Do you want to hear more about everyday life? I could definitely write more about everyday life but then I might get in trouble cause some of those everyday life situations would not be too happy to see themselves in my blog. lol

Here is something exciting: my sister J is about to have her 1st baby, she's not due till the middle of January but the midwife says it could be any day now. I am so excited, can't wait to meet the newest addition to the family!

Yesterday we had a fun family day, that rarely happens so it's really special when it does. We went to see the new Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, it was cute, the kids liked it. After that we went skating, every year on Jan 1st our church rents out a local sports complex, they have skating rinks there as well as a pool. Alexa wanted to go skating, I think she regrets the choice now because her ankles were sore and she fell and bruised her knee. Fun was had by all. While there I was looking around and noticing that I didn't hardly anyone, this is the problem with going to a large church, we saw several people but not that many. Then I heard one of the younger guys swear on the ice which really bothered me, he skated by me and I heard him say to his friend "f#$%^@g jerk" I'm like seriously?! This is a church event and there are kids everywhere?! What the?!!! Oh this give me an idea for my next post......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re: The guy swearing at the ice rink.

As Christians we are to set an example by the way we live our lives, but also to invite non-believers to attend church with us, and to come to events with us. Perhaps the young man you heard swear was a new believer, or perhaps invited by a Christain friend. I'd rather hear the 'f' word than hear God's name used in vain.

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

Yes I hadn't thought of the fact that he could be a new believer or someone that someone from church invited. That being said though I still think that one should watch their language whether it be at a church event or anywhere where there would be children around.