About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Friday, January 22, 2010

Books

What have you been reading lately? I am really into chick lit and like the escape so I have been devouring all of Sophie Kinsella's books even the ones that she wrote in her real name, Madeleine Wickham, Sophie Kinsella is a pen name. I have never read so much before I started last summer and I've read more books since then than I have in the last 10 years, terrible I know. lol

So the first book I read from Sophie was The Undomestic Goddess, I loved it, it was funny and kept me interested then I went on to the Shopaholic series, these were good but the main character irritated me but I pushed through them and then read Remember Me, also a great one, it is about a woman who wakes up in a hospital with amnesia. Then it was Cocktails for Three which was written in her real name but I didn't like it as much, it follows the lives of 3 friends and I found it hard to keep track of everyone. Now I just finished The Gate Crasher, this one took me a month to finish it was very hard to get through, again another irritating character and I hated the ending. In between these I have also read a few from Emily Giffin, they were also good, the first 2 I loved but then the last one I finished was another hard one to get through, I found myself being tempted to skip whole sections of the book because there was so much internal dialog from the main character, like pages of it. I find Sophie's writing style interesting she seems to write good story for about 3/4 of the book and then the last 1/4 it gets so good that you can't put it down. I'm not sure what I will read next, I have a book from Emily Giffin that I might start but Dale wants me to read a financial gurus book that he loves, I'm not into non fiction so much, I like to read to escape from reality and I think his book might be a hard read for me. lol

3 comments:

Rebekah A.d. said...

My all time favorite series is the Mark of the Lion series by Francine Rivers.
I have a ton of good chick lit books that when I get home I will email you a list of the ones I like..

Adventures of the Homemaking Mommy said...

That would be awesome, thanks!

Laura said...

The Chronicles of Narnia are the only books (besides the Bible) that I can read more than once... they're probably my fave. I read them all as a kid, but I have to say re-reading them as an adult was just as good, if not better... It's a whole different experience.