About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Loved Ones

Last week my Mom had a car accident, I don't think it was her fault but according to ICBC it is, even though the guy that hit her admitted fault. Anyways, I'm not writing this to debate who's at fault I'm writing this for another reason.

My Mom is ok, if you want to call it that, she's got an extremely sore shoulder and emotionally she's bothered by it of course. I took her to the doctor the other day and at just about every light that turned yellow she flinched, I felt so bad for her.

This whole thing got me to thinking about the fragility of life, how quickly things can happen. I have thought about this a fair bit before because of the line of work Dale is in, especially in the winter being on the road all the time with the ice and snow and other drivers who may not be so good at driving, things can change in an instant. I have often thought about it when we've been having a disagreement and he's left on a trip and I think, I need to make this right before he goes but am too stubborn to say anything. How would I feel if something happened to him and our last words to one another were that of argument not I love you's. I know someone who lost someone very close to them very quickly, one moment the person was at her house and with in hours so were the police informing her of the devastating news.

I want to tell you please please please as best you can always make right the wrongs, always leave your loved ones with everything good between you, always tell them that you love them, hug them and love on them!

4 comments:

Claire said...

I remember when Christopher had his accident years ago. Things could have been so different then and now this with me. Split seconds can change everything, don't take it for granted. After Chris had his accident I found myself telling people in my life more often that I loved them. I don't want the last thing I said to someone to be words of anger or discouragement. I love you all.

Andra said...

How do the words in the song go...'you don't know what you've got till it's gone'...we always take for granted that our loved ones will always be there. That in the normal circle of life children will outlive their parents and only the elderly pass on. It's not always the case. I lost my brother when he was 19 and I was 20. Like Clare says I also told people that I loved them more often after that. A friend I've known since grade one wrote to me this week - three weeks ago she was at home and sat down to watch some TV in the afternoon...out of the blue for no reason she got an excruciating headache as if someone were stabbing her in the brain with knives. She was taken to the hospital to find out she had a sub-arachnoid haemorrhage and spent several days in ICU on morphine and was in the hospital for a week. She isn't even 40! I am very thankful she is still here. So, thank you Angela for reminding us to tell our loved ones that we DO love them. Even when my teenager comes home drunk, I love him. Even when my husband is a total meathead, I love him (I think) lol. And we love you and Dale and the girls. xo

Linda said...

The van looks horrendous!

Claire, so glad your injuries weren't worse.

Yes, Angela, thanks for the reminder to always keep the love going.

You are a precious woman!

CC said...

yes, life is so fragile...we see it so often these days, you have something or someone one day and it can be gone the next, job, house, loved one...so always love to your fullest potential!