About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

My Story part 1

So I ended up keeping myself awake for a long time last night writing a blog post in my mind lol. Oh man, that's not good, here I was thinking of funny things that have happened to me and little inside thoughts that I now look back on and cringe...I think I will share these with you, it may get a bit long but that's ok, I hope you enjoy! :o)

My earliest memory is one that I'm not entirely sure is a memory or if it's just a dream that I had once, I know silly eh? I have a terrible memory, I do not remember much from my childhood and this really bothers me. Anyways, so my earliest memory is of when I was 2 or 3, I'm not quite sure, but I was at my Oma and Opa's house in Ontario and it was Christmas time, I remember walking around their dinning room table and there were some stairs that went up sort of in behind the table. I suppose when my Mom reads this she will correct me if this is wrong, like I said I don't know if it's actually a memory. Isn't it funny how we sometimes are just not too sure about some things that happen in our lives? Maybe that's just me! haha!

I have 2 sisters and 1 brother, I don't remember my sisters being born but I remember my brother, I was 10 and my Dad came to school and I was in class, he pulled me out into the hallway and he kneeled in front of me and with a red face and tears in his eyes he said "You have a baby brother!" I cried, man that is such a clear memory for me, I will cherish it forever, I don't think that my brother knows how special he is to all of us, he was a surprise and most certainly a blessing. The poor guy though with 3 older sisters! lol We dressed him up as a girl once and put make-up on him and he was pleased as punch, hahaha, I remember it like it was yesterday!

Oh! That reminds me of another time my one sister, "C" and I were playing and the other sister "J" wanted to play with us soooo badly, we said ok, reluctantly, we didn't really like to play with her because she always told on us and sometimes it wasn't even the truth but mom always believed her. So we go to play and say to her: "Hey how about we tie you to this tree, won't that be fun?" she says: "Yea!!!" So with a huge goofy smile on her face she lines up to the tree and we tie her up, lol, oh we were so mean!!! Then we ran off to play on our own, victory!!! She won't bug us now!!! lol After a while my Mom comes outside to see what we are doing and sees "J" tied to the tree with a huge smile plastered on her face. Mom: "What are you doing tied to that tree???!!!" J: "Angela and C are playing with me!!!" Oh man, now we are in trouble! haha Wow that was mean but it still makes me laugh.

Then there was the time that Mom told us not to touch the pet birds we had, she went out to see my Dad in his shop and we decided to pet the birds then we couldn't catch them to get them back in the cage, by the time Mom got back in the birds had no tail feathers left, we were in real trouble, spanks from both mom and dad that time. One time we came into the living room and could hear this squeak on and off it would go "squeak" "squeak" "squeak" Mom finds "C" behind the couch with her hands around our kitten and she's squeezing it and making it squeak, and she thinks this is hilarious. lol Needless to say she got in big trouble for that one, poor little tortured kitty! So for the rest of our growing up years we were always threatened with and it was talked about getting spankings like the "birdies and the kitties" haha

When I was a teenager about 13 or 14 I got my first boyfriend, he was my first kiss and I was rather thrilled when that happened. lol I think he was cheating on me at his school though. lol When I was 16 I was asked out by another guy, he was a couple years older than me but he had a cool car, I didn't really like him that way but I went out with him anyways mostly cause I felt sorry for him and didn't want to hurt his feelings, poor guy. He was my first "french kiss" and oh man was it ever disgusting! lol I sure hope he's learned to kiss better than that now. lol
Then there was the guy who had a major crush on me and I wanted nothing to do with him, he wore sweat pants all the time and when he would come over he would lay on the floor and we would talk, one time I noticed he was pitching a tent, I'm like OH GROSS!!!! If I didn't like him that way before I DEFINITELY don't now!

When I graduated at the commencement the teachers paired us all up to walk up the aisle when we were done with the program, I was thrilled, lol, here I was paired with a not too bad looking guy who was semi popular and I had to hold his arm! WHOOO HOOO! My parents have a picture with me walking with him and I have a huge smile on my face, I was not just smiling because I was graduated but also cause I got to walk with this guy holding his arm, so dumb, I know but it's funny now.

I had a best friend (a guy) all through high school and before I started dating Dale, we did everything together, over the years I had crushes on him but he would get a girlfriend and I would give up, we were great friends and had fun doing stuff together. When I was 19 I liked him that way again, I had started a college course and met a girl there who invited me to her church to attend the young adults group there, so I went, it was the same young adults group that my friend (lets just call him jake) also went to and my friend from school knew him. The next time I was going to go I talked to jake and said lets go together, his response was one like this: "well ok, but I don't want to go in together because I don't want the other girls thinking that we are dating" Well that wasn't a blow to my ego at all! I said "Ok", how stupid! Anyways we continued to hang out and be friends until I started dating Dale. I will tell you more about this in a later post.

I knew Dale from growing up and seeing him and his family at churches and church events. He was also going to this young adults group and so I saw him there and had a thought: "Hmm I wonder?" Then I saw him at my friends house, the one that had invited me to young adults, she also hosted a weekly bible study and who do you think attended that? Well Dale and his sister of course! lol One week I decided to ask everyone if they wanted to go to hear a radio preacher speak in Delta, I was hoping Dale would say he wanted to come, no one said anything, awe, shot down, oh well. After the meeting I was talking to Dale outside and he said he would love to go with me, BAM first date!!! I was thrilled, I was secretly hoping that he would be the only one to agree to go. lol A week or so later we went, it was boring and we left early and went to Ricky's to have coffee, now I hate coffee for the most part, I will drink it but it's not my first choice, I ordered coffee cause that's what he ordered and I didn't want to seem uncool. We had a nice talk and got to know each other better. After that one date Dale called me to ask if I wanted to come and ride along in the truck with him, he was driving dump truck then and moved around heavy equipment in the evenings, I had a really bad ear infection to the point I was a bit dizzy, but I didn't want to say no because I didn't want him to think I wasn't interested so I agreed and I pumped myself full of tylenol and off we went and had a great time.

The night he asked me to "go steady" is a funny story, we were going to a house party from someone from young adults, he had a pick-up truck and we had to go and pick up a friend of his to give him a ride. On the way to get his friend this is what Dale says to me "I was wondering if you would like to be my baby tonight and maybe for a long time?" Here is me inside: "WHAT THE HECK IS HE TALKING ABOUT????" "TO SAY BE MY BABY TONIGHT MEANS SEX I THOUGHT HE WASN'T LIKE THAT, I WANT TO WAIT UNTIL I'M MARRIED, WAIT A SECOND, THAT CAN'T BE WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT, HE'S A GOOD BOY, FROM A GOOD FAMILY.....OOOOHHHHHH I get it, he's asking me to be his girlfriend! Gotcha!" I said yes of course but my internal dialog was absolutely hilarious. I was beaming.

Well we saw each other every day after that until way past getting married. We started dating on November 18th and got engaged at the beginning of May and got married in August, 9 months.

I think I will stop there for today and I will pick up tomorrow where I left off, I hope you are enjoying my story! :o)

2 comments:

Rebekah A.d. said...

ahahah these stories were hilarious

Carole said...

you are funny Angela! loved reading this...thanks for sharing your cute memories!