About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Monday, November 23, 2009

My Story #3

Well it's been a few weeks since I wrote part 1 and 2 so here goes part 3......

The last one I wrote was about my best friend "Jake" one thing that I forgot to put in there about that situation with him when I got married was that he did show up for our wedding, I had asked him to be an usher as well as I had asked his brother. His brother did an awesome job, he showed up in a nice suit and the whole thing and "Jake" showed up in jeans and an un-ironed striped shirt, just his normal clothes that he would wear every day, I was not impressed, "you mean you could not have made the effort to at the very least get a little dressed up?" I thought. I saw him as I was walking down the aisle and he didn't look too happy, he was sitting on the end of the pew about 4 or 5 rows from the front, he left in the middle of the service and I never saw him at the reception. I was quite disappointed.

Dale and I started dating on November 18th, that was when he asked me to "be my baby tonight and maybe for a long time" lol up to that point he had not kissed me yet so I thought now that we were "going steady" that it would happen, nope, it didn't. It didn't happen that night or the next or the next, finally he told me that he was not going to kiss me until I told him that I was ready. Here is me: "what the heck? how embarrassing! how can I say I'm ready for you to kiss me? that takes all the romance out of it!" lol So I finally got up the nerve to tell him I was ready, it was so dumb, lol, he kissed me, it was alright but I was so nervous that I couldn't think about the actual kiss. They did get better after that, so that was good. heehee

Dale and I quickly found ourselves talking about getting married, on New Years that year we said that we hoped to get married the next year. We started praying about it fairly soon after. Dale had been engaged before and he had prayed very specifically about whether or not to marry that girl. He prayed that the Lord would bless him financially, he prayed that the Lord would bless him with a certain amount of money, within a week or two he was nearly broke, that was a very clear answer. He decided that he wanted to pray along the same lines when we were talking about getting married, it freaked me out because I knew what had happened before but I decided to trust him and to trust the Lord that He knew best. Dale prayed for a specific amount of money, our answer came and it was not only met but exceeded, it was also a very clear answer to our prayer. When I found out I cried, I rarely had had an answer to prayer that was so abundantly clear.

We got engaged soon after, it was not at all romantic :o( lol. We were going to go out for dinner and Dale was getting ready, I was sitting on his bed reading a magazine while he got ready. He just turned around with the ring and said "Will you marry me?" I, of course, said yes. He did it that way because he thought I could see what he was doing and couldn't figure out a way to get the ring in his pocket without me seeing, I wasn't even paying attention to what he was doing. He said that he didn't even have a plan on how to ask me anyhow.

All of the wedding plans came together nicely, there were no problems or anything, I loved planning it and I loved our wedding, I would do it again in a heartbeat but Dale thinks it's dumb to renew your wedding vows :o(

2 comments:

CC said...

well "Jake" was probably wishing it was him....

CC said...

well I must say I am glad you two can kiss without him asking now!LOL sweet, one of a kind fella!
also renewing vows, I feel is really nice, not dumb at all!