About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trusting the Lord

Many of you know that things have been rough for us lately, money is very tight and it is really stressing both of us out incredibly. We pay pretty much all of our bills late, not by choice but because we just can't do it any other way, I get phone calls nearly every week from people wondering when to expect money, at which I respond "I am doing the best I can" and I tell them what is going on with Dale's work.

Since Monday I've had 2 recorded calls from one place saying that "they see that the lines of communication need to be opened" lol They called last week too and I told them what was happening and now they called again on Wednesday morning and it was an actual person and he asked me if things had improved, I'm like seriously? you think in one week it would have gotten that much better? lol I didn't actually say this to him but I kind of laughed and told him that they still owe us from August through til now. I was able to send them a payment on Monday and so he was happy about that. :o)

It's just been one of those weeks, on Monday night my glasses literally fell apart in my hands, I fought off tears all night because of it, they broke where it was not fixable, Dale glued them but they only held together for a day and then broke again. My mom had some old glasses that were almost exactly the same shape and so I took those to the glasses place and my lenses fit perfectly in, so that was great!!! I really need to go see the optometrist but that costs money too. Then on Tuesday morning I go to do some laundry and my washer is broken! Ah! What else?! My dad came and looked at it and he was able to fix it, we were so happy that it was something that could be fixed for free! Thanks Mom and Dad!

We are sure that the Lord is working in our lives and we are trusting Him to pull us through, we just need to remind ourselves of this daily and not let the enemy pull us down.

2 comments:

CC said...

That is so true, we need to keep our faith in the Lord...He will always find a way to make things in your life mend together when they feel like they are falling apart! Just trust....things will WILL be ok, and tomorrow is always a NEW day and count never forget to count your blessings!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, when it rains, it pours. Keep your outlook positive Angela. It's the best way to get through this! Stress can compound with the holidays approaching . . . Try and think about Christmas in a different way this year, be creative. Gifting doesn't have to mean spending loads of presents to make someone feel special.