About Me

My photo
Beautiful west coast of British Columbia, Canada
I am me, just looking for a place to talk.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Yummy Recipes

I am so sorry I have not posted in a few days, I've been pretty busy, but now I'm back and have a couple of great recipes for you!

I got these from my friend Carole, I'm pretty sure she would be ok with my mentioning her name on here since she comments with her name and not with anonymous. lol

Carole said to me: "You HAVE to try these, sooo good!" And I wholeheartedly agree.

Aunt Betty's Pork Chops:
  • Brown pork chops, pork steaks or pork ribs
  • sauce:
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white vinegar
  • 1 tsp of dry mustard
  • Place in baking dish
  • Bake at 350F for 45 minutes
  • variation: add 1/2 tsp of chili powder
So I have made this twice now both times with pork steaks, the first time I followed the recipe exactly but as I typed this I realized that I was supposed to brown the meat before putting in the oven lol oh well, they still tasted good, they were a little tough though and I thought maybe it was the cut of meat, maybe chops would have been better, maybe if they were cooked at a longer and lower temperature, so I decided to try it in the crock pot the next time. The second time I put them in the crock pot, I just mixed up the sauce, put a little in the bottom of the pot and then put the raw pork steaks in and poured the rest of the sauce in and made sure to have every steak covered in sauce. They were sooo good, fall apart tender, exactly what I wanted. I put them in at about 11:30am on the low setting and they were in there until about 6pm. My consensus is that longer and lower temp is better, I do have to try this with a different cut of meat though, I'll let you know how that turns out.

Along with the meat I made corn fritters, these are so yummy! You HAVE to try this!

Corn Fritters
  • 1 can of cream corn
  • add 2 beaten eggs
  • 6 tbsp of flour
  • 1/2 tsp of baking powder
  • dash of nutmeg
  • prepare like pancakes in a frying pan
With this recipe I did not have nutmeg so I added some Lemon Dilly mix (from Epicure Selections) to it and it was very very good. (I can hook you up with some if you would like lol)

I definitely recommend trying these they were both very tasty and easy, right up my alley! Let me know what you think of them when you try them.

2 comments:

Linda Lawson said...

Sounds good, Angela. Will have to try it. When I ave made corn fritters, I've always used regular cor rather than creamed. Interesting.

Carole of courseLOL said...

I am glad you enjoyed the recipes, very tasty, when I do Aunt Betty's Pork chops they are fall off the bone tender, so maybe it was just the meat. Juicy, tender sweet & devine!The corn fritters are always yummy too!